8.29.2007

OUR PRECIOUS BABY GIRL...







Here is our little darling almost six months old! It sounds so cliche-but it really feels like I held her in my arms for the first time yesterday. It's wonderful to feel so needed by a creature so innocent and pure. Last night as I was rocking her to sleep, she kept grasping for my finger. I tried to weasle out of her grasp to get to her binkie and she began panting and getting nervous. I gave her my finger, she squeezed it tight and closed her eyes, feeling secure again. We repeated the process three or four times....I was pleasantly enjoying the validation she was filling me with. Jeff and I simply can't get enough of her. We find ourselves asking, "how was life fulfilling before this?"

5 comments:

becky said...

i really think you nailed it on the head lulu! cha cha is absolutely darling and is such a joy to be around! thank you for sharing her sweet pictures with us...

The Christensen Family said...

Oh geez... I could stare at her for hours! It is a pretty big feat to make me baby hungry again, but sure enough -- Cha Cha makes it happen! I cannot wait to be in that precious stage again. She is gorgeous and comes from two of the most beautiful people I know... Love you so much!

Kenz said...

Lisanny,Its so refreshing to hear the words baby and fulfilling in the same sentence nowadays. I agree wholeheartedly- how can life be so purely fulfilling without little hands and feet to hold and cherish? How anyone can inflict harm on an innocent child, I'll never understand. Thanks for sharing those sweet words!

Tate Family said...

Beautiful pics...and I know what you mean. But can time just slow down with them...please?!! BTW, Dan gave me the stuff to hand out. The events scheduled for the 20th. Not sure of the time, you know? Anywho, I'll drop them off to you..or bring them to church! XO

Jon and Ashley Lefrandt said...

That picture of you and Cha Cha is too precious for words. I don't know what little Jacket you've got her in but she looks absolutely adorable and pretty much resembles a china doll...perfection! loves, Ash