9.24.2008

we're tired.


After our dear Harold peacefully left us on the 14th of September, his funeral was held the following Wednesday. Jeff and I left exhausted for the weekend to attend a wedding in California and not one day later, my dad was admitted to the emergency room for his heart. After the 11 stents placed in his arteries just a year ago, they added two more yesterday. Jeff's absolutely spent with his last semester of school, work, and job hunting in this devastated economy, and it seems it's all we can do to just get through our days.

...anyone else feel the same?

16 comments:

Jon and Ashley Lefrandt said...

First, How is your Dad? Mom called us yesterday right after we landed and let us know what was going on. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?! Lowell has been in the hospital for the past couple days in SINGAPORE... for heart complications, and they ended up having to put a pacemaker in. Seriously, I don't know what is going on.

Thank you for posting this though. I am glad we aren't the only ones completely exhausted, stressed and filled with some anxiety. I often think, man, wouldn't it be great to be a kid again. No worries. Unfortunatly this is what life is all about, I guess we will all have to roll with the punches and keep moving on.

Let us know if you need anything. You and your sweet family have been so good to us in our time of need, and from the sounds of your post, you might need a break. We can take Cha Cha any night if you and Jeff want to escape. FREE OF CHARGE. Please take us up on this offer, or if you ever want a night to just hang and get your mind off of things... you name it.

We sure do love you. Sorry for the massively loooong post. I think this is a new record.

Love you,

Jon

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry all this is going on in your family. Where are you looking for jobs? We saw Jeff's parents at Cat's reception. They were so incredibly sweet. It was really good to see them.

Tyler said...

oh my goodness lisanee!! how are you? oh and doing this pregnant you poor thing. i am so sorry that you are going through this and while jeff is in school. i know you know this, but the Lord will help you through this. Just remember to read your script and say your prayers and do your best and everything will work out. I started a gratitude journal just last week and its really helped me lookat the positive, although you and jeff are the most positive ppl i know....anyway, Pres. Eyring spoke on it in this last conf i think. Its a great tool to not let life bog you down. You will be in ourprayers. love andmiss you!

Broadbent Family said...

So many things Lis--and you still managed to serve so much yesterday (going to the temple, bringing food and gifts to the shower)--you amaze me! I'm in awe that your dad went through all of that and then just went right back to work on the way home! So tough..I don't know if they make many men like that these days. Please let me take Cha Cha or really anything (that would just be the funnest--I can't get over how darling she is!).

Thanks for the post. It is comforting to know you aren't the only one going through hardness...although I wish it wasn't you!

Love you!

tiff and chris johnson said...

Oh donk..seriously. We need some R&R-so many sick and afflicted and so much school and babies and pregnancies and back aches so we can't sleep in the night to top it all off! BUT after the trial comes the blessing. Hang in there donkehdoo-i heart you so much!

Andrea Weaver said...

Lis...I'm so sorry for what your family has been going through. Your dad is such an amazing man and I'm so grateful he's doing better now. I couldn't believe when you told me he was just back to work the next day! It's so true what Linds said about you too though, with a temple sessions the next morning, and helping out with the shower, offering to watch Hunter. We were talking about how much support and love your family always gives. You are such dear friends and we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Please let Cha Cha come play again. Hunter has such a crush :)

We really need to do a girl's night again soon. You are my favorite person in the world to be around and always lift my spirit and make me want to be better. Love you SO much!!!

The Lead Singer said...

That's a lot to go through, Lis. I love your family so much and I'm so proud of you for being amazing and thoughtful people.
My thoughts are with you always.

The Tolboe family said...

Lee family - You are in our prayers. Life can be so hard sometimes. I know! How is your dad? I hope things are well with him and that all worked out. Like I said, you are in our prayers.

Kenz said...

Your Dad is such a fighter! Sounds like an exhausting time for you guys, but I don't know anybody quite as well loved as you and Jeff. Um, as far as the job hunt goes, have you looked into the Austin, TX market? I've heard there are some wonderful opportunities out there:) Ha Ha, I wish!

Miranda Conlin said...

Lisanne,

It's so fun to see pics of your beautiful fam! I saw a link to your blog on Amy Jensen's (Lundquist) page and thought I would check your blog out!

I sure hope your dad is okay. I remember when he got sick while McKay was on his mission. Such a great guy.

I worry about my parents a lot too lately. The economy is so scary, and everything feels so up in the air. It's nice to hear that someone else is feeling the same things we are.

Happy late birthday by the way...all my best!

Miranda (Christensen) Conlin

Matt and Jamie said...

Hey don't forget that the Pendletons love you guys to death! The only thing missing now is more time with us.....and of course MORE COWBELL!!!

Kari said...

I hear ya sister! This too shall pass! Look on the bright side...at least you have an adorable family with a loving husband! We love you guys.

Brady and Lauren said...

You guys have gone through a lot lately and just wanted you to know I have been thinking about you. I'm happy to hear your dad is doing better, I will continue to keep him and your family in our prayers.

Brady and Lauren said...

You guys have gone through a lot lately and just wanted you to know I have been thinking about you. I'm happy to hear your dad is doing better, I will continue to keep him and your family in our prayers.

LehiLeavitts said...

With everything going on you guys are still such the cheery family always there for everyone else! We hope all turns out well with all the different crazy things going on. We sure appreciate you guys coming to Aly's baptism. Please let us know when and how we can be of help (notice, not IF!)You guys are awesome!!

Ash said...

Lis your sweet dad. And your darling Uncle. Lauren is on my tennis team at Lone Peak, and she is the sweetest girl and so beautiful. Your family has influenced so many lives. It was a privelege for me to attend the viewing. You and Jeff have definately shared your warmth. I love you Lis and I know that all will work out well for you guys because of the people you are.