My adorable husband "made" this birthday for me. He called me around 2:00pm Friday afternoon and told me he was taking me away but wouldn't tell me where. The only thing he told me was what to wear. He'd arranged for his mother to come to our house and watch the baby and we left for a night out. When we drove up to Soldier Hollow in Midway, I knew where we were headed...he was taking me horse-back riding! No one can imagine the grin that filled my face. I was so excited I couldn't stand it. I've been telling Jeff lately how badly I want to get on a horse. (nothin goes unnoticed with my hubby) We had the time of our lives. The weather was perfect, the time of night was romantic and to top it all off-the leaves were changing. As we got to the top of the mountain and looked over Heber City, we realized why we love to live in the Wild Wild West! I'm so lucky.
Here we are...both desperately trying to be "cowboys"
Here I am in redeeming glory! You know?... the only thing I'm mad about is that I'm not wearing the gear for the pictures. If I'd only known I could've worn my professional hat... or some boots maybe!
Bella Facer (Chanel's future college roommate) Mykelle Facer, Chanel, Me and my baby sister Tiffany...she's home now! Yay!
Here is a picture of me and my sister Stacie at a birthday luncheon my adorable sisters threw for me.






7 comments:
Lis,
What a great post! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful birthday weekend! That was sweet of Jeff to take you Horseback riding! It looks like such a beautiful day and so much fun. You two are one cute couple. I love you...Kate
Lisanne-
I found your blog through Lauren's and it's been so much fun to see what you and your cute family are up to! As I read your post, I totally had a flashback to you showing me your cowboy hat in your closet at your Fowler house- so funny. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Love,
Lindsay Lark
P.S. Chanel is such a doll! Much cuter than the babies we used to pretend with. I can't believe you and Lauren are both mommies- I've got some catching up to do!
Jeff is so thoughful, and I had no idea you were a horseback rider! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday, I can't think of a better way to spend it.
so happy that you had a wonderful birthday weekend! jeff did a fabulous job surprising you. it was fun to see you at your bday luncheon...i just love you to pieces!
Lisanne,
First off, Happy Birthday! I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! (Don't you love the world of blogging?) You have an adorable baby girl! Hopefully our third baby will be a girl! He He. Tell your family hello!
Keep in touch!
Elise Welling
so glad that you had such a great weekend. no one deserves it more than you! i simply adore you...xoxo
Lisanne! I found you through the wonderful world of blog stalking, and I am so glad I did! You look so cute, and your daughter is just adorable! Hope you had a happy birthday! Keep in touch!
Love, Emily (Zwick) Burnham
burnhamfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment